Pages

Sunday 7 March 2010

Magnolia-licious Highlites - March

This the wonderful sketch on by the wonderful Jacque Beddingfield on Magnolia-licious Highlites blog this month!



Here is the card that I made for my Mum for Mother's Day!






I decided since Tilda was wax sealing, I would cut her out and place her on a small envelope to seal! It's hard to see but I coated the wax "pencil" and blob of wax in glossy accents, to give a shiny look! I also crunched up the envelope and swiped an ink pad across it!!! Notice no flowers???

Recipe

Card base - RWS
Patterned paper - K and Co - RWS
Image - Magnolia - Love Sealing Tilda - Glitter Pot
Ribbon - RWS
Glossy Accents - RWS
Sentiment - printed from computer
Crystals - Papermania - Staples
Inks - Tim Holtz - Fired brick, aged mahogany, brushed corduroy, broken china, faded jeans, tattered rose, antique linen - RWS

3 comments:

ladyjanet_56 said...

It's adorable I'm sure your mum will love it, nice colours. Janet

The Dolphin Inn said...

Gorgeous card for your mum Helena, love the way you distressed the envelope and the glossy accents on the wax was inspired TFS XXX

LazyKay said...

Lovely image, great card - I love the effect of the swiped inks on the scrunched up background

xxxxxxxxxx