Tuesday, 27 May 2008

Scraplift and stitching Challenges!

I have done this layout to for two challenges! This is my favourite photo from my wedding! My Nan who we sadly lost in 2004, is in the photo, and she looks so proud to be standing with us!!! I am the eldest grandchild and Chloe was the only great grandchild at that time! The rub on wording that I picked just seemed to fit! As there are 3 Mums, 2 Grandmothers, 1 Daughter, 2 Grandchildren and 1 Great Grandchild, in combination between the 4 of us!!!! LOL

The first challenge was to scrap lift a member's layout from the Critique Group #3, on Scrapbook.com!Here's my scrap lift!

More or less the same! LOL

The other challenge was Tracey's Stitching Class on Paper Paradise Forum!



I have used mostly K&Co stash on this page!!! The backing paper, the patterned paper, the matting paper, the paper covering the wording all are from their Ancestry.com range!

Both the wording and bird rub-ons are from the same range!



The letters in the title are from K&Co Chipboard K.Ology range! I am a very mean scrapper, what I usually do is not use any of these letters and trace around them onto the paper that I have picked out!!!! Which is what I have done in this case. Once I have the letters traced out and cut out, I glued them to some packing cardboard waited for them to try and cut them out! I then sanded down around the edges of the letters with sandpaper to bring out the white core!!! I have sanded all edges on this layout including the photo!

Once I knew where all the pieces of paper were going, I lightly marked an edge on each piece! I lifted them all off in order and turned them upside down on the table! I used an easy fix runner to add some double sided stickiness to the paper, placed on the paper (I have done this to all pieces to hold them in place while I stitched). I then hand stitched around the edge of the first piece and done the same to all the others and the photo! It is hard to see but I have used different thicknesses of thread on each piece! First piece has just 2 strands of thread, the next has the full lot (6 strands), and the photos has 3 strands!

Once all the pieces were stuck down I copied Tracey's swirl in pencil (Just turned it around). I then used my pokey tool to place holes for me to stitch. Rubbed out the pencil marks and stitched! I then glued (I used Anita's Tacky Glue) Prima Flowers and some crystals! I know the rule is to use 3, but because there was 4 of us, I added 4!

I then added my title, just used a glue stick!

I then glued the 3 Papermaina flowers and added Crystal Stickers Pearls to the center of each (see I do follow the rules sometimes).

I cut out the rub ons that I wanted to use and rubbed them into place!!!!

I finally added stickles in places along the letters! Well it is a wedding photo and every wedding photo needs bling ...... okay I confess I have a stickles addiction, lol!!!



The reason for all the wine colour:- my bridesmaids dresses were made from that colour along with some of the cake decorations, flowers, etc!!!

TFL
xxxx