Wednesday, 28 November 2007

Birthday card

This is the card that I made for Georgia!






Really simple card, some stickers, glitter, silk flowers, buttons, rub on letters, strips of paper, a black pen, glue and bazzill bling!

TFL xxx

Georgia's Frame



















I made this frame as part of Georgia's birthday present! All going to plan Georgia will be moving to New Zealand next October!!! So I thought this frame and photo would be a nice reminder of her cousins!


I used Sandylion Disney Paper, a plain brown frame, some ribbon, Jo Sonja's Background paint, glitter, flowers, brads and spray mount!
As you can see from the picture I didn't use everything that I originally planned to use!! You know the creative streak just go with it!!! LOL

First of all I took the frame apart. I used Jo Sonja's Paint, to paint over the brown, I painted 3 times, to make sure that the brown wouldn't show!
Next I used a cream acrylic paint, (part of a set I got ages ago, don't know the name) to paint over the top. As I was painting I daubed some glitter (pink, green, blue, purple) into the paint so it would stick as the paint was drying.






I then painted a light layer of Jo Sonja's paint over the whole lot! When the paint got tacky, I used a baby wipe to wipe it off again, which gave it a kinda of faded look! I left all that to settle overnight!







I used some spray mount to attach the paper to the insert, then cut out the middle for the photo!




For the embellishments I used Woodware flower chipboard die cut, which I traced around onto the back of a cereal box and then used the paper that I cut from the middle of the insert to cover it! I also used Papermania Silk Flowers and a Papermaina glitter brad!

For the tag again I used Woodware tag chipboard die cut, and copied what I done on the flower! I inked around the edges of the flower and tag, used a glitter glue on the edges of both!


When the glue had dried I layer the flower up and threaded some ribbon through the tag!
All that was left to do was assemble it all together!!!

Oopises!!!

When I first tried to glue the paper to the insert, it went on crooked, and when I tried to fix it I tore the paper! Luckily I thought before hand and bought 3 pages!!!! I searched in my stash and found the spray mount, gave that a go and it worked!!!!

When I assembled the frame first I cracked the glass, so I had to go out and buy another frame!!! There was too much paint on the tabs that you fold down at the back, and I put a little too much pressure on the glass!

Again the frame looks a lot nicer IRL!!! The colour of the frame is more of a faded cream then the yellow that it shows here!

Thanks for looking and reading!