Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

Thunder and lightening ....

Did anyone see the thunderstorm last night??? or was I the only idiot up at 1:00 am in the morning!!!!

I decided to take some shots of my garden flowers this morning as they had rain drops on them!



MY ROSES ARE COMING!!! YEAH!



The next 2 photos were taken with and without flash!

Without flash


I prefer this one!

With flash


I know I have said it before, but I love this shrub, it was here when we bought the house, so I don't know the name, any suggestions??? I love how the flowers look like crumpled paper!





This is our Japanese Maple tree, lol TREE the thing has grown about an inch in the last 3 years, it's supposed to grow about 4 - 6 feet, and when the leaves fall off of it, it looks like we have just stuck a stick in the ground!!! So I have renamed it 'Japanese MINIATURE Maple tree'!!!



Just love the row of raindrops!





What do you think???

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oooh your garden looks lovely. And so fresh after all that rain. I wonder if your shrub is some form of rock rose. Next time I look at my garden books I'll see if I can see it. I was up too in the thunder storm - couldn't get to sleep in it - and then put the fan on cos it was hot and a trailing plant got caught in that so I had to get up and sort it out!! What a carry on !!! Anyway, think your shots are great - so vibrant and colourful xx

Micayla said...

Your garden looks so pretty Helena. Mine is a pile of mud at the moment....work in progress but not much progress because of the weather.....it is so sucky at the moment. I wish it would cheer up!!