Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2008

Doubly Blessed

I made this layout for SIL (Ruth's) birthday instead of a card! Ruth actually started this idea off, and I think its a brill idea!!!!

The Doubly is actually the same colour as the blessed????

I am entering this into the We love flowers challenge - twist - use a flower bigger than the palm of your hand!

The words are all outlined with glitter glue, and the letters are all hand cut!

The flowers over the photo are cut using a craft knife with some glitter glue added, prima flowers with a dab of glitter glue.
Large flower stripped from a bunch, inked with old rose and bronze, both cat's eyes from colorbox. A papermaina blue flower with a prima flower glued in place! makes up the large flower. Every piece of paper and card are inked with bronze cat's eye.
Pretty much everything else is matting and layering!

TFL
XXXX

6 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Absolutely beautiful page Helena, I love the title you chose too - PERFECTION, the photo doesn't actually do the page justice, it really is GORGEOUS, hope you are feeling better honey, take good care XXX

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea to add each year to a family keepsake and this is a beautiful page
What a great cutter outer you are! Love it all.

xxxxxxxxx

sam21ski said...

Love the colours you've used on this one, and how patient are you, cutting it all out and inking every piece of paper and card - well done YOU xxxxx

Ruth Philps said...

I may be biased but I think it's lovely.
I am indeed doubly blessed, and even more so since I discoverd scrapbooking, sometimes the memories fade even when you don't want them to but this page will always remind me of that special afternoon.
I am so lucky to have you as my Sister-in-Law.

Love Ruth xxx

Helena said...

LOL, Tracey know what you mean, it's hard to take a photo sometimes, can't wait until we get proper sunshine again, so I can take photos in natural light!

XXXX

LK and Sam, thank you for your lovely comments.

XXXX

Ruth, thank you so much for the beautiful comment
XXXX

The Dolphin Inn said...

Me again lol

You are tagged, check out my blog when you get a minute

XXX