Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2007

July ATC Swap


Here is my swap for July. The theme was Sewing.


I searched Google for free sewing patterns, I found this pattern for dolls clothes, downloaded and printed off the pattern picture. I then cut it down to size.

I then searched for sewing sayings - I picked this one as it relates to all crafts. "Sewing and crafts fill my day not to mention the living-room, bedroom and closets". I printed the saying in size 10 font. I trimmed around the saying.

I then glued both the image and the saying to an ATC card using a glue stick.

Distressed both with Tim Holtz Vintage photo ink pad.

To cover the join between the two, I hand sewed with gold thread.

I then hand sewed 3 buttons onto the card using the same gold thread.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great piece of work - love that pattern - wish I'd not thrown all mine away now - I'd have loads of stuff for papercraft! Great saying too - always finished an ATC for me when I see a fitting quote.

Anonymous said...

It is better in the flesh and I would know, I now own it - I got it in the swap!!!!

Sam

The Dolphin Inn said...

Hi - I am back lol
I love this card, I think the sewing patterns are a great idea, you can rest assured that I will be scraplifting that idea for one of my pages lol, I love the stitching and buttons - toally cute TFS xxx